Please view all our size charts here.
Wax Pad Components:
- This pad is 29″ long and has a 17.5″ front drop.
- A Panel of 3/16” (4.8mm) thick ThinLine performance foam is sewn on each side of the spine, creating a spine free channel.
- High-quality needled lambswool fleece-lined bottom against your horse wicks moisture and adapts to temperature change: cool in the summer and warm in winter
- Wool felt fill, topped with a waxed cotton-based fabric that sheds water.
- Wear leathers are made of Genuine leather.
- Generous wither profile allows this Western therapeutic saddle pad to fit both high withered and mutton withered horses.
- Contoured topline allowing the pad to accommodate the natural curve of the horses back.
- Quality crafted in the USA.
Shimming for Saddle Fit and Comfort
Full saddle fitting shims are available when you select your pad size. These may be used as-is to double your protection or trimmed to create a pair of front, bridging, and rear shims to adjust your saddle fit.
The manner in which this product absorbs motion encourages horses to lift their backs, developing strength and top-line. It has been endorsed by Veterinarians, for horses, as well as Spinal Surgeons for riders. It is a top pick for Master Saddlers around the world. Equine Chiropractors and Massage Therapists carry it on their trucks to keep horses going strong, supple, and relaxed. Trainers and riders find it a trusted product to improve rider equitation.”
Dual benefits of extraordinary shock absorption and rider motion reduction sets ThinLine apart from other saddle pads.
Providing more shock absorption than a 2-inch thick felt pad, ThinLine eliminates pressure points and distributes rider weight. Soft and flexible, this endurance saddle pad fits neatly and comfortably against your horses’ natural confirmation.
For the horse.
A raised wither profile with a swallow topline makes this pad adaptable to the conformation of any horse – high withered or mutton withers. The flexibility and stretchiness of ThinLine molds around your horse’s shape. The contour of the pad, which follows the natural curve of your horse’s back, stops any bunching.
This thin endurance saddle pad frees up more room for narrow or snug-fitting saddles and improves the comfort for horses even with saddles that are perfectly fitted. ThinLine also ventilates, across the pad, allowing excess heat to move out from under the saddle. Most importantly, to your horse, is how this pad creates stability.
For the rider.
The slim design puts you in closer contact with your horse, so your leg can easily drape giving you a seamless feel of his sides. You’ll notice his back moving more, and with the extraordinary shock absorption of ThinLine you will find yourself moving in unison with your mount. The ThinLine layer sewn onto the pad has a 95% shock absorption rate that spreads impact LATERALLY along the pad. This means that the motion you feel under you as you ride is absorbed by the ThinLine and transferred ACROSS the pad instead of UP into your spine. This same shock absorption benefit is being enjoyed by your horse as well. With the reduced movement of your seat, your balance is easier to keep so “staying” with your horse becomes second nature. You sit quieter, and he responds with a relaxed, soft back, and freer strides.